The VS Challenge - By Dave Talbot Here I am, up here-somewhere cold, somewhere in the Alps. God help me - we started at 2 am and now it's my lead on pitch 10 or 11, I am not sure. Doesn't matter anyway I am bloody stuck here, scratching around trying to find that solid feeling hook placement ...Read more
Rock & Sun Performance Coaching courses are for everyone. They're here to maximise and develop your rock climbing ability and enjoyment, whatever your previous climbing experience. At all levels, Rock & Sun instruction and coaching is geared to target and develop the key elements: technique; balance; movement; physical / mental development and aptitude.
Whatever your present climbing grade, each new course level will enable you to observe, practice and aquire a wide range of effective techniques and skills for increased confidence and performance.
Consolidation of learnt skills is deliberately thorough at each level to enable best understanding of how to progress your climbing skills independently. In such intimate partnership, we make no apology for observing 'individual you' closely, too!
As you complete each level, you can expect to see your grade, confidence and performance soar. The levels can be completed over as many months/years as you decide; you will receive a consolidation pack to help you focus on fully developing your completed level and preparing for the next level.
Reasons to choose a Rock & Sun Performance Coaching Course:
Enjoyment. Safety. Achievement. Our Performance Coaching courses have been designed and developed by a team of highly qualified, accomplished and passionate climber-instructors. Each level has been carefully constructed according to research into climbers' existing abilities. You are welcomed as an individual. We acknowledge your rock-climbing aspirations, and anticipate much fun along the learning road.
The professional integrity of Rock & Sun instructors is paramount to our continued success. They know how to climb - and they know how to teach you to climb. They're committed to going the extra mile for best results. (e.g. Chief Coaching Instructor, Chris Newton-Goverd, a qualified Neuro Linguistic Practitioner, has included NLP elements within the courses.) The feedback we've received suggests that courses surpass expectations.
- "big thank you for organising the holiday for us. I had a fantastic time, had a lovely group and a super guide"M Theisen
18th May 2013
- "This was an extremely handy course for me to have done, covering all the areas I wanted."G Higginson
5th May 2013
- " I would say Rock and Sun is excellent. Many thanks to all for a top week,"Jon
4th May 2013
- "Eddy was a fantastic instructor and has taught me much more than learning to lead, my technique has definitely improved too. Cheers guys. "Adam Finton
2nd June 2012
- "This was a great holiday and we had a really lovely time and we will come back to Rock & Sun again and again."Katie Lush
27th October 2011
- "David was fantastic - he worked hard to make us feel confident about our climbing. He made us all laugh and was a great, kind instructor and very intuitive about our moods! Thanks! "Sally North
27th October 2011
- "We felt very looked after from start to finish."Lucy Monk
25th October 2011
- "I couldn't have imagined such a beautiful place and to be guided up some of the most spectacular climbs to then look back over the other islands was just breathtaking. I'll be back again for more!"Paula Hurn
15th October 2011
- "Great booking process and climbing instruction was first class. This was my first holiday with you guys and I know we'll book again - great fun and hassle free."Philip Wadsworth
2nd October 2011
- "Great holiday all round! I was concerned about going on my own but had the time of my life! Bring on 2012..."Lilly Alders
30th September 2011