https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/blog/bristol/rock-and-sun-costa-blanca/ In September, our social media guy Dan was invited to Costa Blanca to experience a Rock & Sun holiday first hand. Here's the story of his trip, from the routes he climbed to the lessons he picked up on the way. By Dan...Read more
Albarracin - Bouldering
- Our customers say
This bouldering paradise is set in a remote and tranquil forest near the town of Albarracin, Teruel, Spain. The delightful town, with walls and towers dating from early Muslim times, a 16th century cathedral and medieval galleried houses, has rightly earned the honour of an international award for historical preservation.
Albarracin bouldering quality is world class: new, fresh and vast. This relatively unknown area has impressed all who visit for it's beauty, charm and variety of boulders. This has been said to be the next best thing to Font and offers a wide range of bouldering problems for all grades.
Weather & Climate in Albarracin
Albarracin has the great advantage of offering year-round bouldering. At 900 metres above sea level, the air is cooler than other, much warmer, lower-climbing regions in Spain. The best time to go climbing in Albarracin is from September till May. We can run trips in June, July and August, although the weather is typically very hot during these months. We can organise a weeks bouldering (7 nights), or long weekends (3 nights) from Friday till Monday.
You will be based in a self-catering apartment in Albarracin, a small historic Spanish town with a fantastic amount of history and charm. It offers a variety of bars and restaurants to suit all tastes and pockets.
Look below for upcoming Albarracin holidays and courses. If you don't see what you are looking for from the courses below then get in touch and we can put something on for you!!
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
Get in Touch with the dates you want!!
If booking online with less than 2 weeks before the holiday dates, then please speak to a member of the team first to check flight details. Many thanks the Rock and Sun team.
Our customers say
- "Best climbing ever, most beautiful places and top class instructors. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben M.
22nd February 2017
- "An amazing holiday/Journey through Thailand with Rock and Sun, the climbing is world class, Lao Liang Is A touch of paradise, the Island life is perfect. Sleeping on the beach and waking up to some epic climbing is just what you need after working hard in"Ben A.
17th January 2017
- "Great climbing holiday across the festive period. Nige and Fran were very helpful and friendly at the villa, and their friends visiting for New Year's holidays also very much contributed to the festive and warm atmosphere. Villa is in an excellent locatio"Mauro F.
9th January 2017
- "Excellent holiday. The island part of the holiday was really something special and a unique experience. The choice of climbing was excellent, not spending too much time on the obvious and overcrowded/noisy crags. Also really enjoyed the company of Trevor "Heath D.
14th December 2016
- "Everyone was very friendly and helpful but Sergio was a brilliant teacher and thanks to him I learnt so much. I will definitely be coming again in the new year! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"James P.
11th December 2016
- "Good accommodation where the stove was always lit on our return from climbing. Guides (Stu and Sergio) were great and geared advice to your level. Sergio seemed to put in an extra effort and kept climbing until sunset as we missed half a day due to rain t"William N.
5th December 2016
- "The villa was immaculate. Sergio was a superb instructor and I took away plenty of tips and exercises to work on at home to keep on improving my climbing. (Performance Coaching Level 3, Costa Blanca)"Vicky D.
28th November 2016
- "Fran and Nige were fantastic and the villa was beautiful. A suggestion could be to provide clients with takeaway menus or chargeable alcohol in the mini bar. The villa is so cosy that it is hard sometimes to go out for food! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa "Rushmi K.
26th November 2016
- "Got exactly what I wanted as well as a nice break in a stunning valley. Now I have something to work on with the climbing and intend to come back soon. (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Gary P.
22nd November 2016
- "Brilliant, patient and encouraging instructor (Sergio), welcoming, friendly and warm villa hosts (Nige and Fran). Beautiful surroundings, great climbing locations and delicious food! Loved loved loved it!!!! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Solvita V.
22nd November 2016
Albarracin - Bouldering 07th Apr - 10th AprAn amazing trip to the bouldering mecca Albarracin. Enjoy some fantastic bouldering and develop your technique, movement and overall performance.
Up to 3 days instruction/coaching | 3 nights accommodation (Rooms 2:1 max) | Use of pads | Airport transfers.
per personMore Info