https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/blog/bristol/rock-and-sun-costa-blanca/ In September, our social media guy Dan was invited to Costa Blanca to experience a Rock & Sun holiday first hand. Here's the story of his trip, from the routes he climbed to the lessons he picked up on the way. By Dan...Read more
- Kit List
- Our customers say
The Costa Daurada is the area of Catalunya to the south west of Barcelona, and offers some of the best single-pitch rock climbing in Spain.
If you're seeking prime sport climbing for those long, dark winter days then this is definitely the place for you. It's not a place for beginners, but somewhere that intermediate and advanced climbers are guaranteed to find their next real challenge.
A variety of routes here are well bolted and you never seem to find much traffic as there are so many routes to choose from. In fact, the quantity of single and two pitch climbing may be equalled elsewhere in Spain, but the concentration of quality routes is arguably higher in the limestone mountains of Sierra de Prades than anywhere else. Costa Daurada is a great place to meet and socialise with other climbers.
Weather & Climate in Costa Daurada
The climate on the Costa Daurada, as in most of Spain, is mild in winters and hot in summers. The best time to climb in Costa Daurada is in spring and autumn. The peak of the summer is often too hot to comfortably rock climb. And even though the winter months are mostly sunny, there can be rainy patches - so remember to bring waterproof layers just in case.
Costa Daurada Accommodation
You are assured a warm welcome at our self-catering apartments, positioned within close proximity of local amenities. Climbing areas are also located within five minutes' drive from your accommodation. Alternatively, various camping options are popular with many clients who enjoy the chance to meet up with fellow climbers off the rock-face.
If you don't see what you are looking for from the courses below then get in touch and we can put something on for you!
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
Get in Touch with the dates you want!!
If booking online with less than 2 weeks before the holiday dates, then please speak to a member of the team first to check flight details. Many thanks the Rock and Sun team.
Our customers say
- "Best climbing ever, most beautiful places and top class instructors. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben M.
22nd February 2017
- "An amazing holiday/Journey through Thailand with Rock and Sun, the climbing is world class, Lao Liang Is A touch of paradise, the Island life is perfect. Sleeping on the beach and waking up to some epic climbing is just what you need after working hard in"Ben A.
17th January 2017
- "Great climbing holiday across the festive period. Nige and Fran were very helpful and friendly at the villa, and their friends visiting for New Year's holidays also very much contributed to the festive and warm atmosphere. Villa is in an excellent locatio"Mauro F.
9th January 2017
- "Excellent holiday. The island part of the holiday was really something special and a unique experience. The choice of climbing was excellent, not spending too much time on the obvious and overcrowded/noisy crags. Also really enjoyed the company of Trevor "Heath D.
14th December 2016
- "Everyone was very friendly and helpful but Sergio was a brilliant teacher and thanks to him I learnt so much. I will definitely be coming again in the new year! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"James P.
11th December 2016
- "Good accommodation where the stove was always lit on our return from climbing. Guides (Stu and Sergio) were great and geared advice to your level. Sergio seemed to put in an extra effort and kept climbing until sunset as we missed half a day due to rain t"William N.
5th December 2016
- "The villa was immaculate. Sergio was a superb instructor and I took away plenty of tips and exercises to work on at home to keep on improving my climbing. (Performance Coaching Level 3, Costa Blanca)"Vicky D.
28th November 2016
- "Fran and Nige were fantastic and the villa was beautiful. A suggestion could be to provide clients with takeaway menus or chargeable alcohol in the mini bar. The villa is so cosy that it is hard sometimes to go out for food! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa "Rushmi K.
26th November 2016
- "Got exactly what I wanted as well as a nice break in a stunning valley. Now I have something to work on with the climbing and intend to come back soon. (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Gary P.
22nd November 2016
- "Brilliant, patient and encouraging instructor (Sergio), welcoming, friendly and warm villa hosts (Nige and Fran). Beautiful surroundings, great climbing locations and delicious food! Loved loved loved it!!!! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Solvita V.
22nd November 2016