https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/blog/bristol/rock-and-sun-costa-blanca/ In September, our social media guy Dan was invited to Costa Blanca to experience a Rock & Sun holiday first hand. Here's the story of his trip, from the routes he climbed to the lessons he picked up on the way. By Dan...Read more
- Kit List
- Our customers say
The Costa Daurada is the area of Catalunya to the south west of Barcelona, and offers some of the best single-pitch rock climbing in Spain.
If you're seeking prime sport climbing for those long, dark winter days then this is definitely the place for you. It's not a place for beginners, but somewhere that intermediate and advanced climbers are guaranteed to find their next real challenge.
A variety of routes here are well bolted and you never seem to find much traffic as there are so many routes to choose from. In fact, the quantity of single and two pitch climbing may be equalled elsewhere in Spain, but the concentration of quality routes is arguably higher in the limestone mountains of Sierra de Prades than anywhere else. Costa Daurada is a great place to meet and socialise with other climbers.
Weather & Climate in Costa Daurada
The climate on the Costa Daurada, as in most of Spain, is mild in winters and hot in summers. The best time to climb in Costa Daurada is in spring and autumn. The peak of the summer is often too hot to comfortably rock climb. And even though the winter months are mostly sunny, there can be rainy patches - so remember to bring waterproof layers just in case.
Costa Daurada Accommodation
You are assured a warm welcome at our self-catering apartments, positioned within close proximity of local amenities. Climbing areas are also located within five minutes' drive from your accommodation. Alternatively, various camping options are popular with many clients who enjoy the chance to meet up with fellow climbers off the rock-face.
If you don't see what you are looking for from the courses below then get in touch and we can put something on for you!
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
Get in Touch with the dates you want!!
If booking online with less than 2 weeks before the holiday dates, then please speak to a member of the team first to check flight details. Many thanks the Rock and Sun team.
Our customers say
- "Amber and Sam have a great knowledge of Fontainebleau. They were super friendly and struck the right balance between stretching comfort zones and low stress ingraining of good habits. Would heartily recommend. (Bouldering Trip, Fontainebleau)"Laurence B.
19th April 2017
- "I had a great time and learnt loads! Robyn is a AMAZING instructor! I got everything I wanted from this course and more, fun, easy instruction and lots of climbing that left me feeling confident with what Robyn taught me. Really can't word how impressed i"Nick H.
19th April 2017
- "Fantastic tuition and locations for climbing, beautiful cottage to stay in surrounded by mountains and lemon trees. It's something which can be tailored to suit any level of climber, and as my first active-based holiday - it has me hooked! 100% would reco"Robyn B.
10th April 2017
- "Great villa in Parcent. Gorgeous location. Lovely walks too. Brilliant instructors. Fabulous group of people. Thank you :)"Fiona B.
10th April 2017
- "Sam and Amber were excellent coaches, and I had a great time with them. Both were reeeeally nice, smart, pleasant company, and I felt that they really wanted to make my trip a great one and took care of me better than could have been expected. Unfortunate"Sini N.
21st March 2017
- "Thank you very much for the great time I had last week: the organisation, the accommodation, and the climbing were absolute fantastic. I'm already planning another climbing holiday with Rock & Sun. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Costa Blanca)"Luigi S.
6th March 2017
- "Thanks for an great couple of days climbing some awesome climbs! I had a great time climbing with Sergio! Amazing 2 days -hopefully I'll get time later in the year to do some more climbing with yourselves! Thank you for sorting it at such short notice."Paul H.
2nd March 2017
- "I am so happy with my climbing experience. Justin was perfect. The best climbing ever. I will for sure come back to Rock and Sun and i will recommend you to other people. (Private Guiding, Costa Blanca)"Marianne L.
1st March 2017
- "Best climbing ever, most beautiful places and top class instructors. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben M.
22nd February 2017
- "An amazing holiday/Journey through Thailand with Rock and Sun, the climbing is world class, Lao Liang Is A touch of paradise, the Island life is perfect. Sleeping on the beach and waking up to some epic climbing is just what you need after working hard in"Ben A.
17th January 2017