https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/blog/bristol/rock-and-sun-costa-blanca/ In September, our social media guy Dan was invited to Costa Blanca to experience a Rock & Sun holiday first hand. Here's the story of his trip, from the routes he climbed to the lessons he picked up on the way. By Dan...Read more
Sport climbing holiday
- Villa - Costa Blanca
- Our customers say
The focus of the Sport Climbing Holiday
The Rock & Sun Sports Climbing holiday is the most popular of our climbing holidays and courses abroad. It is focused on all participants climbing as many good quality, single pitch rock climbs during the week as possible.
Our dedicated instructors are the best in the business and will make sure that your guiding is not only first class, but that your choice of venues are perfect for the sports climbing grade you are currently at.
If you want to, your guide will work with you on personal development, including training for lead climbing and coaching on personal climbing techniques and styles during the Sport Climbing Holiday. However, this is not a must. We realise you are on your well-deserved holiday, so if you prefer to climb on toprope, then that is absolutely fine.
All in all, we will do our best to provide the perfect environment for you to increase confidence and improve technique, to help take your climbing to a new level in a fun and sociable environment.
Sport Climbing Holiday Locations
All of the locations that we use are perfect for all climbing levels and you can have a great time climbing as well as a great holiday.
Our Most Popular Sport Climbing Destination is the Costa Blanca. Why?
The Costa Blanca, with its dramatic blue seas, white beaches and terraced fruit groves set against panoramic mountains, is home to Spain's most exciting rock climbing.
This is Spain's most varied and developed climbing location, providing single and multi-pitch sport climbs, traditional routes, sea cliffs and mountain crags.
Add low cost flights, the mildest winter climate in Europe, and the excellent facilities at our hand-picked locations... and you'll understand why the Costa Blanca has become our clients' favoured European climbing destination.
Read more about climbing in the Costa Blanca in this article: Ten reasons for a Costa Blanca Climbing Holiday.
Climbing in the Costa Blanca
Limestone sea cliffs are the backdrop to what is undoubtedly Europe's richest variety of magnificent climbing ventures. The area offers a wealth of climbing for all grades and styles.
Explore Calpe, where the Penon de Ifach (the Penion) soars majestically up from the sea; relish the quality of clean, fresh limestone climbing, where the rock's ripples and textures enable great reach of positions, encouraging you to flow through your climbs.
Weather & Climate in the Costa Blanca
With an average of 300 days sunshine each year, this is probably the best rock climbing destination in Europe.
Accommodation in the Costa Blanca
You will be staying in a beautiful, fully equipped and spacious villa with swimming pool just a five minute walk from the typical Spanish village Parcent, in the Xalon Valley. The Xalon Valley is just inland from Benissa and the villa is about 30 minutes from the town and coast of Calpe. The Xalon valley is famous for its high quality wines - you will be surrounded by vineyards, as well as olive trees, orange groves and almond groves. Parcent has a range of bars and restaurants (among which the best Paella restaurant in the area!), a minimarket, bakery and pharmacy, all within walking distance of the villa.
The modern villa has a total of four bedrooms and three bathrooms, a beautiful garden with different seating areas and an outside BBQ. Its fully fitted kitchen, lounge and dining area have the character of an original Spanish farmhouse. There is WiFi in the villa. For photos, click on the Accommodation tab above.
Rock Climbing Kit List
For Rock & Sun's Sport Climbing Holidays we recommend that you have your own:Harness
Dick's Climbing is a dedicated climbing shop that offers a large range of climbing equipment and shoes at good prices.
The next step in your climbing career
After having been on a Sport Climbing Holiday with Rock & Sun, you might like to go on another one in one of our other climbing destinations to explore new areas and climb on different types of rock. Another popular next step is to join a Performance Coaching Course to improve your climbing technique, or to go on The Big Five to have some exciting mountaineering adventures and improve your skills for multi-pitch climbing.
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
For dates, look at our Sport Climbing Holiday locations
Our customers say
- "Best climbing ever, most beautiful places and top class instructors. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben M.
22nd February 2017
- "An amazing holiday/Journey through Thailand with Rock and Sun, the climbing is world class, Lao Liang Is A touch of paradise, the Island life is perfect. Sleeping on the beach and waking up to some epic climbing is just what you need after working hard in the city. Ao Nang is a great place to see the culture, enjoy the food and have some great nights out, Trev and Dees really look after you, as a "Ben A.
17th January 2017
- "Great climbing holiday across the festive period. Nige and Fran were very helpful and friendly at the villa, and their friends visiting for New Year's holidays also very much contributed to the festive and warm atmosphere. Villa is in an excellent location: very quiet and rural but very close to crags. Great rock at all crags we went, and I got to enjoy climbing in the sunshine! (Sport Climbing Ho"Mauro F.
9th January 2017
- "Excellent holiday. The island part of the holiday was really something special and a unique experience. The choice of climbing was excellent, not spending too much time on the obvious and overcrowded/noisy crags. Also really enjoyed the company of Trevor and Dees and the rest of the group. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Heath D.
14th December 2016
- "Everyone was very friendly and helpful but Sergio was a brilliant teacher and thanks to him I learnt so much. I will definitely be coming again in the new year! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"James P.
11th December 2016
- "Good accommodation where the stove was always lit on our return from climbing. Guides (Stu and Sergio) were great and geared advice to your level. Sergio seemed to put in an extra effort and kept climbing until sunset as we missed half a day due to rain the previous day. All staff friendly and chatty. Good communication with Lesley re transfer. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Costa Blanca)"William N.
5th December 2016
- "The villa was immaculate. Sergio was a superb instructor and I took away plenty of tips and exercises to work on at home to keep on improving my climbing. (Performance Coaching Level 3, Costa Blanca)"Vicky D.
28th November 2016
- "Fran and Nige were fantastic and the villa was beautiful. A suggestion could be to provide clients with takeaway menus or chargeable alcohol in the mini bar. The villa is so cosy that it is hard sometimes to go out for food! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca) "Rushmi K.
26th November 2016
- "Got exactly what I wanted as well as a nice break in a stunning valley. Now I have something to work on with the climbing and intend to come back soon. (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Gary P.
22nd November 2016
- "Brilliant, patient and encouraging instructor (Sergio), welcoming, friendly and warm villa hosts (Nige and Fran). Beautiful surroundings, great climbing locations and delicious food! Loved loved loved it!!!! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Solvita V.
22nd November 2016