https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/blog/bristol/rock-and-sun-costa-blanca/ In September, our social media guy Dan was invited to Costa Blanca to experience a Rock & Sun holiday first hand. Here's the story of his trip, from the routes he climbed to the lessons he picked up on the way. By Dan...Read more
Women only climbing holidays
- Our customers say
Women are fantastic climbers
We have style, poise, grace, flexibility... We "climb like a girl"! Well now, we are offering you a chance to come along and join us on our women's only holidays in the Costa Blanca or Haute Provence.
By day climb on great rock, basked in warm sunshine. By night drink, eat & chat in some delicious Spanish or French bars & restaurants.
Why go on a Women Only Rock climbing course or holiday?
Women tend to climb differently to men. They generally can't rely on brute force to get them up a route! One of our female climbing instructors, Jude Spancken, has explored ways of maximising the strengths of women... flexibility, focus, creativity, inner strength, maximising her climbing potential and enjoyment.
Let her show you what she's learnt and maximise your ability. Of course an all women environment can give encouragement and like mindedness that you don't always get from our gorgeous macho males!
More about Climb Like A Girl
Sarah-Jane Dobner wrote a really nice article about Climbing Like a Girl, movement technique and the underrepresentation of women in the climbing press. Published in: Climb Magazine - July 2015.
Hazel Findlay is one of the world's top female climbers. She has climbed some of the hardest sport and trad routes and is known for her bold style. Having climbed a lot on trad gear since she was a young girl, she knows how to deal with the fear of climbing above gear. Hazel is the guest coach on the Climb with your Heroes trip from 10th-17th of October 2015. She is also a speaker on the Women's Climbing Symposium.
The BMC promotes gender equity within rock climbing. One of their campains is This Girl Can Climb.
Rock Climbing Kit List
For this rock climbing holiday we recommend that you have your own:Harness
Dick's Climbing is a dedicated climbing shop that offers a large range of climbing equipment and shoes at good prices.
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
Get in Touch with the dates you want!!
Our customers say
- "Best climbing ever, most beautiful places and top class instructors. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben M.
22nd February 2017
- "An amazing holiday/Journey through Thailand with Rock and Sun, the climbing is world class, Lao Liang Is A touch of paradise, the Island life is perfect. Sleeping on the beach and waking up to some epic climbing is just what you need after working hard in the city. Ao Nang is a great place to see the culture, enjoy the food and have some great nights out, Trev and Dees really look after you, as a solo traveller I felt like I was part of a family. We were Lucky enough to have Tim Emmett as an edition to our climbing convoy, he was a great Coach and inspiration to have around. I went to Thailand climbing 6a outdoors and by the end of the trip I had climbed my first 6c on Lead so you really learn when your there and the views are breath taking, it's a climbing holiday you'll never forget. Thanks for an epic adventure. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben A.
17th January 2017
- "Great climbing holiday across the festive period. Nige and Fran were very helpful and friendly at the villa, and their friends visiting for New Year's holidays also very much contributed to the festive and warm atmosphere. Villa is in an excellent location: very quiet and rural but very close to crags. Great rock at all crags we went, and I got to enjoy climbing in the sunshine! (Sport Climbing Holiday, Costa Blanca)"Mauro F.
9th January 2017
- "Excellent holiday. The island part of the holiday was really something special and a unique experience. The choice of climbing was excellent, not spending too much time on the obvious and overcrowded/noisy crags. Also really enjoyed the company of Trevor and Dees and the rest of the group. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Heath D.
14th December 2016
- "Everyone was very friendly and helpful but Sergio was a brilliant teacher and thanks to him I learnt so much. I will definitely be coming again in the new year! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"James P.
11th December 2016
- "Good accommodation where the stove was always lit on our return from climbing. Guides (Stu and Sergio) were great and geared advice to your level. Sergio seemed to put in an extra effort and kept climbing until sunset as we missed half a day due to rain the previous day. All staff friendly and chatty. Good communication with Lesley re transfer. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Costa Blanca)"William N.
5th December 2016
- "The villa was immaculate. Sergio was a superb instructor and I took away plenty of tips and exercises to work on at home to keep on improving my climbing. (Performance Coaching Level 3, Costa Blanca)"Vicky D.
28th November 2016
- "Fran and Nige were fantastic and the villa was beautiful. A suggestion could be to provide clients with takeaway menus or chargeable alcohol in the mini bar. The villa is so cosy that it is hard sometimes to go out for food! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca) "Rushmi K.
26th November 2016
- "Got exactly what I wanted as well as a nice break in a stunning valley. Now I have something to work on with the climbing and intend to come back soon. (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Gary P.
22nd November 2016
- "Brilliant, patient and encouraging instructor (Sergio), welcoming, friendly and warm villa hosts (Nige and Fran). Beautiful surroundings, great climbing locations and delicious food! Loved loved loved it!!!! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Solvita V.
22nd November 2016