https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/blog/bristol/rock-and-sun-costa-blanca/ In September, our social media guy Dan was invited to Costa Blanca to experience a Rock & Sun holiday first hand. Here's the story of his trip, from the routes he climbed to the lessons he picked up on the way. By Dan...Read more
Rock Climbing taster day
- Our customers say
Get a Taste of Rock Climbing Outdoors
Rock climbing is a fun, exciting sport! This one-day taster is intended to give you an amazing climbing experience, with sufficient insight to help you decide whether it's a thrill you're likely to get hooked on. On this day, the aim of our qualified and experienced instructors is not to teach you too much about the technical side of climbing, but rather to guide you through the basics of rock climbing outdoors, and to get as much climbing done as you want.
Not enough time to do a one-day Climbing Taster with Rock and Sun? Then we recommend our UK Outdoor partner Undercover Rock who offer 2/3 hour Outdoor Taster Sessions in the Avon Gorge (evenings) and Wyndcliff Quarry (Saturdays).
Read more about the adventurous sport of Outdoor Rock Climbing in this article: "Be your own action hero".
After having had a first try at rock climbing outdoors during a rock climbing taster day, you might like to learn how to climb on your own - independent of an instructor. The next step towards that would be to take the 2-day Introduction to Climbing course with Rock and Sun - and allow us to teach you the essential basics of rock climbing (or you might choose to start with this course straight away).
Get in Touch with the dates you want!!
Our customers say
- "Amber and Sam have a great knowledge of Fontainebleau. They were super friendly and struck the right balance between stretching comfort zones and low stress ingraining of good habits. Would heartily recommend. (Bouldering Trip, Fontainebleau)"Laurence B.
19th April 2017
- "I had a great time and learnt loads! Robyn is a AMAZING instructor! I got everything I wanted from this course and more, fun, easy instruction and lots of climbing that left me feeling confident with what Robyn taught me. Really can't word how impressed i am.. only problem now is all I want to do is climb!!.. thank you Rock and Sun! (Learn to Lead Sport, Wye Valley)"Nick H.
19th April 2017
- "Fantastic tuition and locations for climbing, beautiful cottage to stay in surrounded by mountains and lemon trees. It's something which can be tailored to suit any level of climber, and as my first active-based holiday - it has me hooked! 100% would recommend, I'm definitely going back next year! (Sport Climbing Holiday, Costa Blanca)"Robyn B.
10th April 2017
- "Great villa in Parcent. Gorgeous location. Lovely walks too. Brilliant instructors. Fabulous group of people. Thank you :)"Fiona B.
10th April 2017
- "Sam and Amber were excellent coaches, and I had a great time with them. Both were reeeeally nice, smart, pleasant company, and I felt that they really wanted to make my trip a great one and took care of me better than could have been expected. Unfortunately it was raining both on Saturday and Sunday, so we couldn't go bouldering outdoors as much as would have been ideal, but weather can't really be helped, so that was OK. Besides, I did get great coaching also climbing indoors on Sunday, and it was nice walking in forests and little villages :) (Bouldering Trip, Fontainebleau)"Sini N.
21st March 2017
- "Thank you very much for the great time I had last week: the organisation, the accommodation, and the climbing were absolute fantastic. I'm already planning another climbing holiday with Rock & Sun. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Costa Blanca)"Luigi S.
6th March 2017
- "Thanks for an great couple of days climbing some awesome climbs! I had a great time climbing with Sergio! Amazing 2 days -hopefully I'll get time later in the year to do some more climbing with yourselves! Thank you for sorting it at such short notice."Paul H.
2nd March 2017
- "I am so happy with my climbing experience. Justin was perfect. The best climbing ever. I will for sure come back to Rock and Sun and i will recommend you to other people. (Private Guiding, Costa Blanca)"Marianne L.
1st March 2017
- "Best climbing ever, most beautiful places and top class instructors. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben M.
22nd February 2017
- "An amazing holiday/Journey through Thailand with Rock and Sun, the climbing is world class, Lao Liang Is A touch of paradise, the Island life is perfect. Sleeping on the beach and waking up to some epic climbing is just what you need after working hard in the city. Ao Nang is a great place to see the culture, enjoy the food and have some great nights out, Trev and Dees really look after you, as a solo traveller I felt like I was part of a family. We were Lucky enough to have Tim Emmett as an edition to our climbing convoy, he was a great Coach and inspiration to have around. I went to Thailand climbing 6a outdoors and by the end of the trip I had climbed my first 6c on Lead so you really learn when your there and the views are breath taking, it's a climbing holiday you'll never forget. Thanks for an epic adventure. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben A.
17th January 2017
Wye Valley 29th Apr - 29th AprRock climbing is a fun, exciting sport! This one-day taster will give you an amazing climbing experience to remember.
Wye Valley 03rd Jun - 03rd JunRock climbing is a fun, exciting sport! This one-day taster will give you an amazing climbing experience to remember.
Wye Valley 29th Jul - 29th JulRock climbing is a fun, exciting sport! This one-day taster will give you an amazing climbing experience to remember.