https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/blog/bristol/rock-and-sun-costa-blanca/ In September, our social media guy Dan was invited to Costa Blanca to experience a Rock & Sun holiday first hand. Here's the story of his trip, from the routes he climbed to the lessons he picked up on the way. By Dan...Read more
- How to get there
- Our customers say
Lundy is without doubt one of the UK's premier trad climbing areas. Its remote location situated 12 miles from the mainland in the Bristol Channel and its wild, picturesque nature gives it a uniquely special place in the heart of British climbing. The island is only 3km long and less than half as wide but yet is home to some of the most stunning granite sea cliffs the UK has to offer.
Lundy is a special place to visit whether you are a climber, walker, diver, fisherman or bird watcher, the 'Lundy Experience' is not to be missed. The adventure starts when you step on board the SS Oldenburg out of Ilfracombe or Barnstable which lands you at the islands port, from there your luggage is taken for you to your accommodation and you are left to explore the islands charms and mystery. You can walk around the island to view or access the climbing in less than 2 hour from where ever your accommodation is on the island. There is only one pub and this serves as the social scene for the evenings, the hearty meals preparing you for the next days adventure.
This truly is a breath taking place to explore and you could be lucky enough to climb there too.
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
Get in Touch with the dates you want!!
Our customers say
- "Best climbing ever, most beautiful places and top class instructors. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben M.
22nd February 2017
- "An amazing holiday/Journey through Thailand with Rock and Sun, the climbing is world class, Lao Liang Is A touch of paradise, the Island life is perfect. Sleeping on the beach and waking up to some epic climbing is just what you need after working hard in the city. Ao Nang is a great place to see the culture, enjoy the food and have some great nights out, Trev and Dees really look after you, as a solo traveller I felt like I was part of a family. We were Lucky enough to have Tim Emmett as an edition to our climbing convoy, he was a great Coach and inspiration to have around. I went to Thailand climbing 6a outdoors and by the end of the trip I had climbed my first 6c on Lead so you really learn when your there and the views are breath taking, it's a climbing holiday you'll never forget. Thanks for an epic adventure. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben A.
17th January 2017
- "Great climbing holiday across the festive period. Nige and Fran were very helpful and friendly at the villa, and their friends visiting for New Year's holidays also very much contributed to the festive and warm atmosphere. Villa is in an excellent location: very quiet and rural but very close to crags. Great rock at all crags we went, and I got to enjoy climbing in the sunshine! (Sport Climbing Holiday, Costa Blanca)"Mauro F.
9th January 2017
- "Excellent holiday. The island part of the holiday was really something special and a unique experience. The choice of climbing was excellent, not spending too much time on the obvious and overcrowded/noisy crags. Also really enjoyed the company of Trevor and Dees and the rest of the group. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Heath D.
14th December 2016
- "Everyone was very friendly and helpful but Sergio was a brilliant teacher and thanks to him I learnt so much. I will definitely be coming again in the new year! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"James P.
11th December 2016
- "Good accommodation where the stove was always lit on our return from climbing. Guides (Stu and Sergio) were great and geared advice to your level. Sergio seemed to put in an extra effort and kept climbing until sunset as we missed half a day due to rain the previous day. All staff friendly and chatty. Good communication with Lesley re transfer. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Costa Blanca)"William N.
5th December 2016
- "The villa was immaculate. Sergio was a superb instructor and I took away plenty of tips and exercises to work on at home to keep on improving my climbing. (Performance Coaching Level 3, Costa Blanca)"Vicky D.
28th November 2016
- "Fran and Nige were fantastic and the villa was beautiful. A suggestion could be to provide clients with takeaway menus or chargeable alcohol in the mini bar. The villa is so cosy that it is hard sometimes to go out for food! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca) "Rushmi K.
26th November 2016