https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/blog/bristol/rock-and-sun-costa-blanca/ In September, our social media guy Dan was invited to Costa Blanca to experience a Rock & Sun holiday first hand. Here's the story of his trip, from the routes he climbed to the lessons he picked up on the way. By Dan...Read more
- How to get there
- Our customers say
Lundy is without doubt one of the UK's premier trad climbing areas. Its remote location situated 12 miles from the mainland in the Bristol Channel and its wild, picturesque nature gives it a uniquely special place in the heart of British climbing. The island is only 3km long and less than half as wide but yet is home to some of the most stunning granite sea cliffs the UK has to offer.
Lundy is a special place to visit whether you are a climber, walker, diver, fisherman or bird watcher, the 'Lundy Experience' is not to be missed. The adventure starts when you step on board the SS Oldenburg out of Ilfracombe or Barnstable which lands you at the islands port, from there your luggage is taken for you to your accommodation and you are left to explore the islands charms and mystery. You can walk around the island to view or access the climbing in less than 2 hour from where ever your accommodation is on the island. There is only one pub and this serves as the social scene for the evenings, the hearty meals preparing you for the next days adventure.
This truly is a breath taking place to explore and you could be lucky enough to climb there too.
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
Get in Touch with the dates you want!!
Our customers say
- "Amber and Sam have a great knowledge of Fontainebleau. They were super friendly and struck the right balance between stretching comfort zones and low stress ingraining of good habits. Would heartily recommend. (Bouldering Trip, Fontainebleau)"Laurence B.
19th April 2017
- "I had a great time and learnt loads! Robyn is a AMAZING instructor! I got everything I wanted from this course and more, fun, easy instruction and lots of climbing that left me feeling confident with what Robyn taught me. Really can't word how impressed i am.. only problem now is all I want to do is climb!!.. thank you Rock and Sun! (Learn to Lead Sport, Wye Valley)"Nick H.
19th April 2017
- "Fantastic tuition and locations for climbing, beautiful cottage to stay in surrounded by mountains and lemon trees. It's something which can be tailored to suit any level of climber, and as my first active-based holiday - it has me hooked! 100% would recommend, I'm definitely going back next year! (Sport Climbing Holiday, Costa Blanca)"Robyn B.
10th April 2017
- "Great villa in Parcent. Gorgeous location. Lovely walks too. Brilliant instructors. Fabulous group of people. Thank you :)"Fiona B.
10th April 2017
- "Sam and Amber were excellent coaches, and I had a great time with them. Both were reeeeally nice, smart, pleasant company, and I felt that they really wanted to make my trip a great one and took care of me better than could have been expected. Unfortunately it was raining both on Saturday and Sunday, so we couldn't go bouldering outdoors as much as would have been ideal, but weather can't really be helped, so that was OK. Besides, I did get great coaching also climbing indoors on Sunday, and it was nice walking in forests and little villages :) (Bouldering Trip, Fontainebleau)"Sini N.
21st March 2017
- "Thank you very much for the great time I had last week: the organisation, the accommodation, and the climbing were absolute fantastic. I'm already planning another climbing holiday with Rock & Sun. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Costa Blanca)"Luigi S.
6th March 2017
- "Thanks for an great couple of days climbing some awesome climbs! I had a great time climbing with Sergio! Amazing 2 days -hopefully I'll get time later in the year to do some more climbing with yourselves! Thank you for sorting it at such short notice."Paul H.
2nd March 2017
- "I am so happy with my climbing experience. Justin was perfect. The best climbing ever. I will for sure come back to Rock and Sun and i will recommend you to other people. (Private Guiding, Costa Blanca)"Marianne L.
1st March 2017