The VS Challenge - By Dave Talbot Here I am, up here-somewhere cold, somewhere in the Alps. God help me - we started at 2 am and now it's my lead on pitch 10 or 11, I am not sure. Doesn't matter anyway I am bloody stuck here, scratching around trying to find that solid feeling hook placement ...Read more
Cornwall is a region of multiple possibilities for rock climbing, abseiling, bouldering, coasteering - the choice is yours. From rocky coastline edges to moors, quarries and woods, its rugged extremes offer up underground caves, lofty tree canopies and endless coastal rock edges fringed by the ocean. No wonder climbing and abseiling is one of Cornwall's most popular land-based sports! Whether you're an experienced climber or building your skills, there's a perfect Cornish location for your climbs.
Numerous regional sites (e.g. Bosigran, Halldrine Cove, Rosemergy Towers, Sennen, Land's End, The Lizard, Chair Ladder) offer graded climbs across the levels. Together with inland sites like The Cheesewring on Bodmin Moor, Carn Brea Quarry and Cardinham Woods, the challenges of Cornwall's extensive, rocky coastline prove the perfect climbing and abseiling challenge for some of the world's best climbers.
Look below for upcoming Cornish holidays and courses.
- "Best climbing instruction I've ever had. Extremely clear and engaging."Mr P Thompson
8th June 2013
- "big thank you for organising the holiday for us. I had a fantastic time, had a lovely group and a super guide"M Theisen
18th May 2013
- "This was an extremely handy course for me to have done, covering all the areas I wanted."G Higginson
5th May 2013
- " I would say Rock and Sun is excellent. Many thanks to all for a top week,"Jon
4th May 2013
- "Eddy was a fantastic instructor and has taught me much more than learning to lead, my technique has definitely improved too. Cheers guys. "Adam Finton
2nd June 2012
- "David was fantastic - he worked hard to make us feel confident about our climbing. He made us all laugh and was a great, kind instructor and very intuitive about our moods! Thanks! "Sally North
27th October 2011
- "This was a great holiday and we had a really lovely time and we will come back to Rock & Sun again and again."Katie Lush
27th October 2011
- "We felt very looked after from start to finish."Lucy Monk
25th October 2011
- "I couldn't have imagined such a beautiful place and to be guided up some of the most spectacular climbs to then look back over the other islands was just breathtaking. I'll be back again for more!"Paula Hurn
15th October 2011
- "Great booking process and climbing instruction was first class. This was my first holiday with you guys and I know we'll book again - great fun and hassle free."Philip Wadsworth
2nd October 2011