https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/blog/bristol/rock-and-sun-costa-blanca/ In September, our social media guy Dan was invited to Costa Blanca to experience a Rock & Sun holiday first hand. Here's the story of his trip, from the routes he climbed to the lessons he picked up on the way. By Dan...Read more
- Kit List
- Our customers say
Mallorca's impressive quality of rock climbing is situated in atmospheric surroundings of majestic mountains and sea cliffs. With low cost flights and fantastic Mediterranean weather, this is an appealing destination. Largest of the Balearics, Mallorca is one of the most beautiful islands in Europe. It's vibrant coastal capital, Palma, is a historic cathedral city.
Mallorca has been on the map for climbing for many years and offers something for everybody to enjoy! Whether you're looking for that first-time climb or whether you're up for more advanced challenges and evil overhangs, this is the place to set goals and work on improving your climbing. Most of the rock climbing here is single-pitch, although there are also grade 6 and above multi-pitch routes on offer.
Look below for upcoming Mallorca holidays and courses. If you don't see what you're looking for from the courses below then get in touch and we can put something on for you!!
Weather & Climate in Mallorca
The best time to go rock climbing in Mallorca is in the spring season, when Mallorca has pleasant and mild weather. During the peak of the summer, it becomes too hot and humid to comfortably climb. Although the winter is typically dry, it is often quite cold in comparison to other Mediterranean areas, like the Costa Blanca. Therefore we prefer to organise climbing trips to Mallorca from late March to early June.
You will be based in a self-catering apartment in Santa Ponsa, which is situated on the South West Coast of Mallorca, in the heart of many of the attractions the island has to offer. It has plenty of local restaurants, bars and amenities, and is surrounded by beautiful walking and cycling paths, either along the coast or in the mountains.
The accommodation here offers some nice places for you to reflect with other Rock & Sun guests after a great day's climbing. Why not share a bottle of wine on one of the terraces that overlook the mountains?
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
Get in Touch with the dates you want!!
If booking online with less than 2 weeks before the holiday dates, then please speak to a member of the team first to check flight details. Many thanks the Rock and Sun team.
Our customers say
- "Best climbing ever, most beautiful places and top class instructors. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben M.
22nd February 2017
- "An amazing holiday/Journey through Thailand with Rock and Sun, the climbing is world class, Lao Liang Is A touch of paradise, the Island life is perfect. Sleeping on the beach and waking up to some epic climbing is just what you need after working hard in"Ben A.
17th January 2017
- "Great climbing holiday across the festive period. Nige and Fran were very helpful and friendly at the villa, and their friends visiting for New Year's holidays also very much contributed to the festive and warm atmosphere. Villa is in an excellent locatio"Mauro F.
9th January 2017
- "Excellent holiday. The island part of the holiday was really something special and a unique experience. The choice of climbing was excellent, not spending too much time on the obvious and overcrowded/noisy crags. Also really enjoyed the company of Trevor "Heath D.
14th December 2016
- "Everyone was very friendly and helpful but Sergio was a brilliant teacher and thanks to him I learnt so much. I will definitely be coming again in the new year! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"James P.
11th December 2016
- "Good accommodation where the stove was always lit on our return from climbing. Guides (Stu and Sergio) were great and geared advice to your level. Sergio seemed to put in an extra effort and kept climbing until sunset as we missed half a day due to rain t"William N.
5th December 2016
- "The villa was immaculate. Sergio was a superb instructor and I took away plenty of tips and exercises to work on at home to keep on improving my climbing. (Performance Coaching Level 3, Costa Blanca)"Vicky D.
28th November 2016
- "Fran and Nige were fantastic and the villa was beautiful. A suggestion could be to provide clients with takeaway menus or chargeable alcohol in the mini bar. The villa is so cosy that it is hard sometimes to go out for food! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa "Rushmi K.
26th November 2016
- "Got exactly what I wanted as well as a nice break in a stunning valley. Now I have something to work on with the climbing and intend to come back soon. (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Gary P.
22nd November 2016
- "Brilliant, patient and encouraging instructor (Sergio), welcoming, friendly and warm villa hosts (Nige and Fran). Beautiful surroundings, great climbing locations and delicious food! Loved loved loved it!!!! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Solvita V.
22nd November 2016