https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/blog/bristol/rock-and-sun-costa-blanca/ In September, our social media guy Dan was invited to Costa Blanca to experience a Rock & Sun holiday first hand. Here's the story of his trip, from the routes he climbed to the lessons he picked up on the way. By Dan...Read more
- Kit List
- Our customers say
Mallorca's impressive quality of rock climbing is situated in atmospheric surroundings of majestic mountains and sea cliffs. With low cost flights and fantastic Mediterranean weather, this is an appealing destination. Largest of the Balearics, Mallorca is one of the most beautiful islands in Europe. It's vibrant coastal capital, Palma, is a historic cathedral city.
Mallorca has been on the map for climbing for many years and offers something for everybody to enjoy! Whether you're looking for that first-time climb or whether you're up for more advanced challenges and evil overhangs, this is the place to set goals and work on improving your climbing. Most of the rock climbing here is single-pitch, although there are also grade 6 and above multi-pitch routes on offer.
Look below for upcoming Mallorca holidays and courses. If you don't see what you're looking for from the courses below then get in touch and we can put something on for you!!
Weather & Climate in Mallorca
The best time to go rock climbing in Mallorca is in the spring season, when Mallorca has pleasant and mild weather. During the peak of the summer, it becomes too hot and humid to comfortably climb. Although the winter is typically dry, it is often quite cold in comparison to other Mediterranean areas, like the Costa Blanca. Therefore we prefer to organise climbing trips to Mallorca from late March to early June.
You will be based in a self-catering apartment in Santa Ponsa, which is situated on the South West Coast of Mallorca, in the heart of many of the attractions the island has to offer. It has plenty of local restaurants, bars and amenities, and is surrounded by beautiful walking and cycling paths, either along the coast or in the mountains.
The accommodation here offers some nice places for you to reflect with other Rock & Sun guests after a great day's climbing. Why not share a bottle of wine on one of the terraces that overlook the mountains?
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
Get in Touch with the dates you want!!
If booking online with less than 2 weeks before the holiday dates, then please speak to a member of the team first to check flight details. Many thanks the Rock and Sun team.
Our customers say
- "Amber and Sam have a great knowledge of Fontainebleau. They were super friendly and struck the right balance between stretching comfort zones and low stress ingraining of good habits. Would heartily recommend. (Bouldering Trip, Fontainebleau)"Laurence B.
19th April 2017
- "I had a great time and learnt loads! Robyn is a AMAZING instructor! I got everything I wanted from this course and more, fun, easy instruction and lots of climbing that left me feeling confident with what Robyn taught me. Really can't word how impressed i"Nick H.
19th April 2017
- "Fantastic tuition and locations for climbing, beautiful cottage to stay in surrounded by mountains and lemon trees. It's something which can be tailored to suit any level of climber, and as my first active-based holiday - it has me hooked! 100% would reco"Robyn B.
10th April 2017
- "Great villa in Parcent. Gorgeous location. Lovely walks too. Brilliant instructors. Fabulous group of people. Thank you :)"Fiona B.
10th April 2017
- "Sam and Amber were excellent coaches, and I had a great time with them. Both were reeeeally nice, smart, pleasant company, and I felt that they really wanted to make my trip a great one and took care of me better than could have been expected. Unfortunate"Sini N.
21st March 2017
- "Thank you very much for the great time I had last week: the organisation, the accommodation, and the climbing were absolute fantastic. I'm already planning another climbing holiday with Rock & Sun. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Costa Blanca)"Luigi S.
6th March 2017
- "Thanks for an great couple of days climbing some awesome climbs! I had a great time climbing with Sergio! Amazing 2 days -hopefully I'll get time later in the year to do some more climbing with yourselves! Thank you for sorting it at such short notice."Paul H.
2nd March 2017
- "I am so happy with my climbing experience. Justin was perfect. The best climbing ever. I will for sure come back to Rock and Sun and i will recommend you to other people. (Private Guiding, Costa Blanca)"Marianne L.
1st March 2017
- "Best climbing ever, most beautiful places and top class instructors. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben M.
22nd February 2017
- "An amazing holiday/Journey through Thailand with Rock and Sun, the climbing is world class, Lao Liang Is A touch of paradise, the Island life is perfect. Sleeping on the beach and waking up to some epic climbing is just what you need after working hard in"Ben A.
17th January 2017