https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/blog/bristol/rock-and-sun-costa-blanca/ In September, our social media guy Dan was invited to Costa Blanca to experience a Rock & Sun holiday first hand. Here's the story of his trip, from the routes he climbed to the lessons he picked up on the way. By Dan...Read more
- Kit List
- Our customers say
Located only 50km inland from Málaga, in the province of Andalucia, is the diverse climbing area of El Chorro. This climbing spot has something for everybody - whether it's for multi-pitch routes or that first ever lead climb for beginners, all will be satisfied.
The main attraction is a stunning limestone gorge which is situated within five minutes' drive from our homely accommodation. In addition to the gorge there are numerous other surrounding crags that boast around 1,000 routes, with grades across the board.
Look below for upcoming El Chorro holidays and courses. If you don't see what you are looking for from the courses below then get in touch and we can put something on for you!!
Weather & Climate in El Chorro
The weather here is perfect for rock climbing in the winter months - although it can get quite cold, so always bring some extra layers when going in November, December or January. Generally, the gorge can be quite cold at certain times of the day as the sun gets blocked out. Besides the winter months, the climbing conditions in El Chorro are great in autumn and spring. In the summer it is too hot to climb here.
El Chorro Accommodation
Our B&B guesthouse is ideally situated within easy walking distance of one of the world’s premier climbing destinations in El Chorro. The accommodation is a small, family-run guesthouse right by Las Encantadas crag with accommodation options to suit all your needs. The rustic property and garden are typical of the area's character, where the hosts create a warm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere for our guests. If you are looking for a quiet, tranquil retreat away from it all then our accommodation in El Chorro is perfect.
* Breakfast, hot food, sandwiches, beer and wine
* Fully equipped pro kitchen, with hob/oven, fridges and tea/coffee-making facilities
* Communal dining area with wood-burning stove
* Hot showers
* Laundry facilities
* Swimming pool
* Pool table
* 2 furnished terraces with views across the valley to the mountains beyond
* Free WiFi
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
Get in Touch with the dates you want!!
If booking online with less than 2 weeks before the holiday dates, then please speak to a member of the team first to check flight details. Many thanks the Rock and Sun team.
Our customers say
- "Best climbing ever, most beautiful places and top class instructors. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben M.
22nd February 2017
- "An amazing holiday/Journey through Thailand with Rock and Sun, the climbing is world class, Lao Liang Is A touch of paradise, the Island life is perfect. Sleeping on the beach and waking up to some epic climbing is just what you need after working hard in"Ben A.
17th January 2017
- "Great climbing holiday across the festive period. Nige and Fran were very helpful and friendly at the villa, and their friends visiting for New Year's holidays also very much contributed to the festive and warm atmosphere. Villa is in an excellent locatio"Mauro F.
9th January 2017
- "Excellent holiday. The island part of the holiday was really something special and a unique experience. The choice of climbing was excellent, not spending too much time on the obvious and overcrowded/noisy crags. Also really enjoyed the company of Trevor "Heath D.
14th December 2016
- "Everyone was very friendly and helpful but Sergio was a brilliant teacher and thanks to him I learnt so much. I will definitely be coming again in the new year! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"James P.
11th December 2016
- "Good accommodation where the stove was always lit on our return from climbing. Guides (Stu and Sergio) were great and geared advice to your level. Sergio seemed to put in an extra effort and kept climbing until sunset as we missed half a day due to rain t"William N.
5th December 2016
- "The villa was immaculate. Sergio was a superb instructor and I took away plenty of tips and exercises to work on at home to keep on improving my climbing. (Performance Coaching Level 3, Costa Blanca)"Vicky D.
28th November 2016
- "Fran and Nige were fantastic and the villa was beautiful. A suggestion could be to provide clients with takeaway menus or chargeable alcohol in the mini bar. The villa is so cosy that it is hard sometimes to go out for food! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa "Rushmi K.
26th November 2016
- "Got exactly what I wanted as well as a nice break in a stunning valley. Now I have something to work on with the climbing and intend to come back soon. (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Gary P.
22nd November 2016
- "Brilliant, patient and encouraging instructor (Sergio), welcoming, friendly and warm villa hosts (Nige and Fran). Beautiful surroundings, great climbing locations and delicious food! Loved loved loved it!!!! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Solvita V.
22nd November 2016