https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/blog/bristol/rock-and-sun-costa-blanca/ In September, our social media guy Dan was invited to Costa Blanca to experience a Rock & Sun holiday first hand. Here's the story of his trip, from the routes he climbed to the lessons he picked up on the way. By Dan...Read more
- Kit List
- Our customers say
It's always exciting travelling to new destinations, climbing fresh rock and visiting different cultures. Morocco gives you all this and more. It is a place largely missed by the British and only recently receiving a little more interest. For those of you with a thirst for adventure, this destination is an absolute must.
Why you will love a climbing holiday to Morocco
With its colourful soukhs, food stalls which light up at night, magic men and henna tattoo artists, the 'Cinnamon City' of Marrakech is always lively and colourful, and a terrific place to start and end our climbing holiday. But the Todra Gorge is ultimately where we're heading, offering a multitude of quality single and multi pitch sports climbs for all grades.
You arrive to a beautiful green oasis and tall palm trees standing at the mouth of this stunning mountain cleft of 300 metre limestone walls. Lots of new routes have been put up over the last couple of years, many of them multi pitch routes running the full height of the gorge and within easy walking distance of our accommodation.
Read here about Ruth Bateman's sport climbing holiday of a lifetime with Rock & Sun in Morocco's Todra Gorge.
The accommodation here is set in charming Moroccan hotels on a bed and breakfast basis. You will spend one night in Marrakech before your transfer to the mountains the following morning, and return here for the last night. Set in the heart of the city there will be enough time to soak up the culture and barter for a few gifts in the soukhs before the flight home. After arriving in the Todra Gorge after your first night in the city, we make our way to our personal favourite of just two hotels in the area. Nestled in the narrowest part of the gorge, our hotel is full of Moroccan charm and character, which is why we keep going back
When to Go
Rock & Sun can organise Rock Climbing Holidays to Morocco's Todra Gorge in October or November for groups of 3 up to 6 persons. Please get in touch with the dates you want or ask more detailed information about this trip.
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
Get in Touch with the dates you want!!
If booking online with less than 2 weeks before the holiday dates, then please speak to a member of the team first to check flight details. Many thanks the Rock and Sun team.
SaturdayWelcome to Marrakech. Pick up from Marrakech airport. Taxi to hotel, welcome meeting and explore Marrakech. Evening meal in the Djemaa El Fna.
SundayMorning start travel to Todra Gorge (approx 7 hour drive). Pass over the Atlas Mountains and on to the Pre-Sahara desert. Afternoon Arrive Todra Gorge some climbing if desired.
MondaySports Climbing day. Evening - optional camel ride around The Palmeries
WednesdaySports Climbing. Evening optional visit to a traditional Berber family home, enjoy tea and home made snacks whilst seeing the art of carpet making, with the option of buying authentic rugs and carpets
FridaySports Climbing morning. Depart for Marrakech. Evening in Marrakech
SaturdayExplore the Souks and local shops. Depart Marrakech
This itinerary acts only as a guide to the week and may be subject to change.
Our customers say
- "Amber and Sam have a great knowledge of Fontainebleau. They were super friendly and struck the right balance between stretching comfort zones and low stress ingraining of good habits. Would heartily recommend. (Bouldering Trip, Fontainebleau)"Laurence B.
19th April 2017
- "I had a great time and learnt loads! Robyn is a AMAZING instructor! I got everything I wanted from this course and more, fun, easy instruction and lots of climbing that left me feeling confident with what Robyn taught me. Really can't word how impressed i"Nick H.
19th April 2017
- "Fantastic tuition and locations for climbing, beautiful cottage to stay in surrounded by mountains and lemon trees. It's something which can be tailored to suit any level of climber, and as my first active-based holiday - it has me hooked! 100% would reco"Robyn B.
10th April 2017
- "Great villa in Parcent. Gorgeous location. Lovely walks too. Brilliant instructors. Fabulous group of people. Thank you :)"Fiona B.
10th April 2017
- "Sam and Amber were excellent coaches, and I had a great time with them. Both were reeeeally nice, smart, pleasant company, and I felt that they really wanted to make my trip a great one and took care of me better than could have been expected. Unfortunate"Sini N.
21st March 2017
- "Thank you very much for the great time I had last week: the organisation, the accommodation, and the climbing were absolute fantastic. I'm already planning another climbing holiday with Rock & Sun. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Costa Blanca)"Luigi S.
6th March 2017
- "Thanks for an great couple of days climbing some awesome climbs! I had a great time climbing with Sergio! Amazing 2 days -hopefully I'll get time later in the year to do some more climbing with yourselves! Thank you for sorting it at such short notice."Paul H.
2nd March 2017
- "I am so happy with my climbing experience. Justin was perfect. The best climbing ever. I will for sure come back to Rock and Sun and i will recommend you to other people. (Private Guiding, Costa Blanca)"Marianne L.
1st March 2017
- "Best climbing ever, most beautiful places and top class instructors. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben M.
22nd February 2017
- "An amazing holiday/Journey through Thailand with Rock and Sun, the climbing is world class, Lao Liang Is A touch of paradise, the Island life is perfect. Sleeping on the beach and waking up to some epic climbing is just what you need after working hard in"Ben A.
17th January 2017