The VS Challenge - By Dave Talbot Here I am, up here-somewhere cold, somewhere in the Alps. God help me - we started at 2 am and now it's my lead on pitch 10 or 11, I am not sure. Doesn't matter anyway I am bloody stuck here, scratching around trying to find that solid feeling hook placement ...Read more
- Kit List
It's always exciting traveling to new destinations, climbing fresh rock, visiting different cultures and Morocco gives you all this and more. It is a place largely missed by the British and only recently receiving a little more interest. For those of you with a thirst for adventure, this destination is a must.
The Todra Gorge is where we're heading. You arrive to a beautiful green oasis and tall palm trees standing at the mouth of this stunning mountain cleft of 300 meter brown limestone walls. The gorge delivers an offering of high quality single and multi-pitch sport climbs of all grades with huge development potential.
The accommodation here is set in charming Moroccan hotels on a bed and breakfast basis. You will spend a two night stopover in Marrakech before your transfer to the mountains the following morning. Your accommodation is set in the heart of the city and offers so much culture and excitement to enjoy, whether its a snake charmer or craft stall your looking for, Marrakech is sure to meet your expectations.
When to Go
Rock & Sun run holidays here in the month of October. Dates vary but please see available holidays for details.
- " I would say Rock and Sun is excellent. Many thanks to all for a top week,"Jon
4th May 2013
- "Eddy was a fantastic instructor and has taught me much more than learning to lead, my technique has definitely improved too. Cheers guys. "Adam Finton
2nd June 2012
- "David was fantastic - he worked hard to make us feel confident about our climbing. He made us all laugh and was a great, kind instructor and very intuitive about our moods! Thanks! "Sally North
27th October 2011
- "This was a great holiday and we had a really lovely time and we will come back to Rock & Sun again and again."Katie Lush
27th October 2011
- "We felt very looked after from start to finish."Lucy Monk
25th October 2011
- "I couldn't have imagined such a beautiful place and to be guided up some of the most spectacular climbs to then look back over the other islands was just breathtaking. I'll be back again for more!"Paula Hurn
15th October 2011
- "Great booking process and climbing instruction was first class. This was my first holiday with you guys and I know we'll book again - great fun and hassle free."Philip Wadsworth
2nd October 2011
- "Great holiday all round! I was concerned about going on my own but had the time of my life! Bring on 2012..."Lilly Alders
30th September 2011
- "David was an excellent instructor, and made each day enjoyable and informative - and the little treat at the end of each day was a real bonus!"Marcus Tailor
13th September 2011
- "All the food throughout the week was brilliant, the cliffs and the routes were sometimes challenging but always rewarding and overall it was a fantastic week for everyone involved (and I have a killer sun tan!)."David Mudge
18th August 2011