https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/blog/bristol/rock-and-sun-costa-blanca/ In September, our social media guy Dan was invited to Costa Blanca to experience a Rock & Sun holiday first hand. Here's the story of his trip, from the routes he climbed to the lessons he picked up on the way. By Dan...Read more
- Kit List
- Our customers say
It's always exciting travelling to new destinations, climbing fresh rock and visiting different cultures. Morocco gives you all this and more. It is a place largely missed by the British and only recently receiving a little more interest. For those of you with a thirst for adventure, this destination is an absolute must.
Why you will love a climbing holiday to Morocco
With its colourful soukhs, food stalls which light up at night, magic men and henna tattoo artists, the 'Cinnamon City' of Marrakech is always lively and colourful, and a terrific place to start and end our climbing holiday. But the Todra Gorge is ultimately where we're heading, offering a multitude of quality single and multi pitch sports climbs for all grades.
You arrive to a beautiful green oasis and tall palm trees standing at the mouth of this stunning mountain cleft of 300 metre limestone walls. Lots of new routes have been put up over the last couple of years, many of them multi pitch routes running the full height of the gorge and within easy walking distance of our accommodation.
Read here about Ruth Bateman's sport climbing holiday of a lifetime with Rock & Sun in Morocco's Todra Gorge.
The accommodation here is set in charming Moroccan hotels on a bed and breakfast basis. You will spend one night in Marrakech before your transfer to the mountains the following morning, and return here for the last night. Set in the heart of the city there will be enough time to soak up the culture and barter for a few gifts in the soukhs before the flight home. After arriving in the Todra Gorge after your first night in the city, we make our way to our personal favourite of just two hotels in the area. Nestled in the narrowest part of the gorge, our hotel is full of Moroccan charm and character, which is why we keep going back
When to Go
Rock & Sun can organise Rock Climbing Holidays to Morocco's Todra Gorge in October or November for groups of 3 up to 6 persons. Please get in touch with the dates you want or ask more detailed information about this trip.
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
Get in Touch with the dates you want!!
If booking online with less than 2 weeks before the holiday dates, then please speak to a member of the team first to check flight details. Many thanks the Rock and Sun team.
SaturdayWelcome to Marrakech. Pick up from Marrakech airport. Taxi to hotel, welcome meeting and explore Marrakech. Evening meal in the Djemaa El Fna.
SundayMorning start travel to Todra Gorge (approx 7 hour drive). Pass over the Atlas Mountains and on to the Pre-Sahara desert. Afternoon Arrive Todra Gorge some climbing if desired.
MondaySports Climbing day. Evening - optional camel ride around The Palmeries
WednesdaySports Climbing. Evening optional visit to a traditional Berber family home, enjoy tea and home made snacks whilst seeing the art of carpet making, with the option of buying authentic rugs and carpets
FridaySports Climbing morning. Depart for Marrakech. Evening in Marrakech
SaturdayExplore the Souks and local shops. Depart Marrakech
This itinerary acts only as a guide to the week and may be subject to change.
Our customers say
- "Best climbing ever, most beautiful places and top class instructors. (Sport Climbing Holiday, Thailand)"Ben M.
22nd February 2017
- "An amazing holiday/Journey through Thailand with Rock and Sun, the climbing is world class, Lao Liang Is A touch of paradise, the Island life is perfect. Sleeping on the beach and waking up to some epic climbing is just what you need after working hard in"Ben A.
17th January 2017
- "Great climbing holiday across the festive period. Nige and Fran were very helpful and friendly at the villa, and their friends visiting for New Year's holidays also very much contributed to the festive and warm atmosphere. Villa is in an excellent locatio"Mauro F.
9th January 2017
- "Excellent holiday. The island part of the holiday was really something special and a unique experience. The choice of climbing was excellent, not spending too much time on the obvious and overcrowded/noisy crags. Also really enjoyed the company of Trevor "Heath D.
14th December 2016
- "Everyone was very friendly and helpful but Sergio was a brilliant teacher and thanks to him I learnt so much. I will definitely be coming again in the new year! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"James P.
11th December 2016
- "Good accommodation where the stove was always lit on our return from climbing. Guides (Stu and Sergio) were great and geared advice to your level. Sergio seemed to put in an extra effort and kept climbing until sunset as we missed half a day due to rain t"William N.
5th December 2016
- "The villa was immaculate. Sergio was a superb instructor and I took away plenty of tips and exercises to work on at home to keep on improving my climbing. (Performance Coaching Level 3, Costa Blanca)"Vicky D.
28th November 2016
- "Fran and Nige were fantastic and the villa was beautiful. A suggestion could be to provide clients with takeaway menus or chargeable alcohol in the mini bar. The villa is so cosy that it is hard sometimes to go out for food! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa "Rushmi K.
26th November 2016
- "Got exactly what I wanted as well as a nice break in a stunning valley. Now I have something to work on with the climbing and intend to come back soon. (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Gary P.
22nd November 2016
- "Brilliant, patient and encouraging instructor (Sergio), welcoming, friendly and warm villa hosts (Nige and Fran). Beautiful surroundings, great climbing locations and delicious food! Loved loved loved it!!!! (Long Weekend Climbing, Costa Blanca)"Solvita V.
22nd November 2016