So, you've seen the films: Sylvester Stallone strutting his stuff in Cliffhanger... Brad Pitt in Seven Years in Tibet and Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible 2. You're pumped and you want to be that hero with the six pack... but despite its daredevil image, rock climbing isn't about brute force... Y...Read more
- Kit List
- Our customers say
Sardinia, with its magnificent rocky interior and coastline, is the second largest island in the Mediterranean. Recent years have seen many fine crags develop across the island, with countless single and multi-pitch sport and traditional routes. We base our holidays in the beautiful Cala Gonone area to match the climbing.
Rock Climbing in Sardinia
Cala Gonone is still not that well discovered and most of the time you can find yourself on a very quiet crag - and within sight of fantastic Mediterranean views. There's also a canyon that offers a great playground for the more experienced climber seeking a new challenge. Climbs are easily accessible here and you never seem to be walking more than 5-10 minutes to find the start of the crag.
There is also the opportunity to take a boat to another climbing location a few kilometers along the coast that is well worth visiting. Simply ask one of the Rock & Sun team for more information on how to organise this experience.
Local people provide a welcome atmosphere, and there's some excellent Italian cuisine to enjoy.
Look below for upcoming holidays and courses in Sardinia.
Weather & Climate in Sardinia
The best time to go rock climbing in Sardinia is in April, May, September and October - when it is sunny and not too hot. There are also fewer tourists in the region during these months.
Accommodation in Sardinia
We offer some well-equipped bungalows, conveniently located for the crags and within walking distance of Cala Gonone village with its small harbour and gorgeous beaches. Each bungalow can sleep a maximum of 4 people, and offers:
- Kitchen area with full cooking facilities
- Bedroom area
- Private porch to relax with a glass of wine at the end of a day's climbing
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
If booking online with less than 2 weeks before the holiday dates, then please speak to a member of the team first to check flight details. Many thanks the Rock and Sun team.
Our customers say
- "What an amazing vacation it was! I climbed incredible routes, made new friends, and had the best guides in Trevor Massiah and Desirée Verbeek. I can't wait for my next Rock and Sun adventure! (Sport Climbing Holiday - Costa Blanca)"Robin R.
24th May 2015
- "Excellent instruction and local knowledge with a very friendly relaxed atmosphere. (Sport Climbing Holiday - Costa Blanca)"Heath D.
20th May 2015
- "A thoroughly enjoyable holiday, thanks to the careful planning and thought that went into it from Trevor and Dees, and of course their excellent guidance. And because Lesley is so efficient and responsive, it was completely hassle-free and non-stressful. "Caroline F.
18th May 2015
- "Trev and Desiree are great guides! (Private Guiding - Costa Blanca)"Stewart R.
8th May 2015
- "Sergi was a great guide, he adapted well to our needs. The villa was lovely and everything was organised efficiently with no hassles. Overall an excellent trip. (Long Weekend Climbing - Costa Blanca)"Aleeza J.
5th May 2015
- "It was awesome to spend a week with Jude listening to her words of wisdom and advice and having the opportunity to watch her climb. I will take many things away with me to work on both mentally and physically. Really enjoyed the holiday and the climbing i"Vicky A.
29th April 2015
- "Very enjoyable holiday. Good range of climbing grades and quality rock and bolting. The accommodation was spacious, clean and comfortable. Jude was absolutely excellent and her gentle encouragement and infectious enthusiasm really made me push myself more"Ian M.
29th April 2015
- "I had a fantastic time in Orpierre. The climbing was awesome and varied and catered for all abilities and styles of climbing within our group. Our guide Jude Spancken was great. The only thing is that our trip was in the French Easter break, which meant t"Riley W.`
28th April 2015
- "Excellent quality of climbing. It was French holidays last week so the crags were busy and the bar next door to the gite was shut... a different week that doesn't coincide with French holidays would make for an even better week. Excellent guiding by Jude,"Richard M.
27th April 2015
- "Our instructor, Justin, was fantastic. Clearly very experienced and very patient, letting us work out our own routes before offering advice if we really got stuck! He taught us about all aspects of climbing outdoors, from abseiling to having a go at placi"Charlie H.
27th April 2015
Sardinia 03rd Oct - 10th OctClimb some of the worlds greatest, in the best hand picked locations with a selection of the world's most experienced guides.
Up to 6 days instruction and climbing coaching | 7 nights shared accommodation (Rooms 2:1 max) | Airport transfers | All transport to crags.
per personMore Info