Rock and Sun have just launched all new hill and mountain skills courses for 2014. Check them out on the website here. http://www.rockandsun.com/hill-and-mountain/Read more
- Kit List
Sardinia, with its magnificent rocky interior and coastline, is the second largest island in the Mediterranean. Recent years have seen many fine crags develop across the island, with countless single and multi-pitch sport and traditional routes. We base our holidays in the beautiful Cala Gonone area to match the climbing.
Rock Climbing in Sardinia
Cala Gonone is still not that well discovered and most of the time you can find yourself on a very quiet crag - and within sight of fantastic Mediterranean views. There's also a canyon that offers a great playground for the more experienced climber seeking a new challenge. Climbs are easily accessible here and you never seem to be walking more than 5-10 minutes to find the start of the crag.
There is also the opportunity to take a boat to another climbing location a few kilometers along the coast that is well worth visiting. Simply ask one of the Rock & Sun team for more information on how to organise this experience.
Local people provide a welcome atmosphere, and there's some excellent Italian cuisine to enjoy.
Look below for upcoming holidays and courses in Sardinia.
Weather & Climate in Sardinia
The best time to go rock climbing in Sardinia is in April, May, September and October - when it is sunny and not too hot. There are also fewer tourists in the region during these months.
Accommodation in Sardinia
We offer some well-equipped bungalows, conveniently located for the crags and within walking distance of Cala Gonone village with its small harbour and gorgeous beaches. Each bungalow can sleep a maximum of 4 people, and offers:
- Kitchen area with full cooking facilities
- Bedroom area
- Private porch to relax with a glass of wine at the end of a day's climbing
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
If booking online with less than 2 weeks before the holiday dates, then please speak to a member of the team first to check flight details. Many thanks the Rock and Sun team.
- "All round great 2 days - Trevor is an excellent teacher and we learnt loads. Had a good laugh and would thoroughly recommend rock and sun to anyone."D. Bywaters
8th August 2014
- "I had a thoroughly enjoyable two days of climbing with Trevor in quarries near Chepstow and limestone crags near Bristol. We packed a lot in and I learnt a lot - belaying technique, how to use trad climbing equipment, multi-pitch trad climbing, abseiling."C. Finucane
8th July 2014
- "I did the women only holiday with Jude Spancken last year in the Costa Blanca. Jude was fantastic, she worked so hard to ensure that we all got the most out of the week. I often think about that week, so I'm very tempted by the Orpierre week at the end of"G. Willgoss
17th June 2014
- "Thanks for a fantastic day's climbing today, and an intro to some great looking crags! Trevor clearly has great expertise both in the area, and in climbing coaching. I will be back for sure and will definitely recommend you to anyone in the meantime."S. Robertson
21st May 2014
- "I just wanted to add that the quality of instruction was actually more than excellent! I learned loads of things that were very empowering and challenging, while always feeling very safe and in a friendly atmosphere. "Ms L. Houd
11th May 2014
- "The ease of booking, jumping on a plane and arriving in El chorro made this a wonderful week away! Thanks Tony also for being a great host, with his friendly, easy going manner."N. Anderson
3rd May 2014
- "Awesome course! I'd just like to thank you for the coaching. Did my first 6c+ the other day!"C. Jansson
31st March 2014
- "I had a fantastic time, it exceeded my expectations throughout. Trev and Desi were fantastic instructors and guides. I loved it. Thanks for a fantastic holiday. "R. Wood
27th March 2014
- "What a fantastic experience! I can't believe I've done so much in two weeks. Trevor was brilliant. I can't praise him enough. I even managed to lead a 7a which is a massive achievement for me. I never thought that would be possible."A. Dixon
9th February 2014
- "Trevor and Desiree were excellent throughout the trip and for the couple of days I lingered afterwards. Really pleasant to be around and made this trip truly memorable."M. Esterhuysen
27th January 2014