I've just returned from a truly memorable trip with Trevor and Dees in Thailand and just wanted to say that if you're thinking of booking this trip, stop thinking and just book it. It's hard to know where to begin - you probably have heard enough about Thailand to know it's a stunning beautiful p...Read more
- Kit List
- Our customers say
Sardinia, with its magnificent rocky interior and coastline, is the second largest island in the Mediterranean. Recent years have seen many fine crags develop across the island, with countless single and multi-pitch sport and traditional routes. We base our holidays in the beautiful Cala Gonone area to match the climbing.
Rock Climbing in Sardinia
Cala Gonone is still not that well discovered and most of the time you can find yourself on a very quiet crag - and within sight of fantastic Mediterranean views. There's also a canyon that offers a great playground for the more experienced climber seeking a new challenge. Climbs are easily accessible here and you never seem to be walking more than 5-10 minutes to find the start of the crag.
There is also the opportunity to take a boat to another climbing location a few kilometers along the coast that is well worth visiting. Simply ask one of the Rock & Sun team for more information on how to organise this experience.
Local people provide a welcome atmosphere, and there's some excellent Italian cuisine to enjoy.
Look below for upcoming holidays and courses in Sardinia.
Weather & Climate in Sardinia
The best time to go rock climbing in Sardinia is in April, May, September and October - when it is sunny and not too hot. There are also fewer tourists in the region during these months.
Accommodation in Sardinia
We offer some well-equipped bungalows, conveniently located for the crags and within walking distance of Cala Gonone village with its small harbour and gorgeous beaches. Each bungalow can sleep a maximum of 4 people, and offers:
- Kitchen area with full cooking facilities
- Bedroom area
- Private porch to relax with a glass of wine at the end of a day's climbing
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
If booking online with less than 2 weeks before the holiday dates, then please speak to a member of the team first to check flight details. Many thanks the Rock and Sun team.
Our customers say
- "Thank you all for a great climbing holiday in Costa Blanca. The movement analysis coaching was very helpful, I'm now looking at my technique in a new whole new way. I really gained in confidence and was thirlled to lead two 6a's on my last day. Everyone a"Paul H.
24th April 2015
- "I had a fantastic time. Ali was brilliant, so supportive and encouraging. We were really lucky with the weather and got some great climbs in. A really high quality experience and I learnt so much. Thank you! (Learn to Lead Sport - UK)"Kathryn W.
20th April 2015
- "Excellent experience. I found Tony a really good instructor, and I look forward to booking a holiday with Rock and Sun in the summer! (Private Guiding - Wye Valley)"Robbie N.
10th April 2015
- "I had a brilliant day with my instructor Tony. It was challenging but fun. Can't fault it! Thanks Tony! (Taster day - Wye Valley)"Judith O.
6th April 2015
- "Both Trevor and Daisy were fantastic, despite the injury that I picked up on day one, both were extremely helpful and changed plans to ensure I achieved the maximum from the holiday. This meant that I even completed the big day on Puig Campana. Having cli"Tony L.
1st April 2015
- "This was the best weeks climbing I have ever had! The guiding was second to none. The route selection was perfect, a good balance of great quality & spice. It was not just an epic climbing trip with awesome people, but also extremely informative, I learnt"Luke K.
1st April 2015
- "Michael was great. He really knew the area, and was able to select climbing areas and routes well suited to my ability. He also managed to time our arrivals at the various walls in time for us to climb before the crowds arrived. We almost always were alon"Laura M.
26th March 2015
- "Altogether the best fun I have had climbing in years. The skills and approach to instruction and customer safety are exemplary. I have found myself recommending Rock & Sun whenever the opportunity arises! The best of luck to Trevor and Desiree in their ne"Adrian B.
1st March 2015
- "I've not long returned from three weeks in Thailand. I'm quite well travelled globally on the climbing circuit and never been on a 'climbing holiday' such as that offered by Rock and Sun. All the fun and adventure with none of the faff and hassle. 3 weeks"Sol F.
19th February 2015
- "I learned so much from Trevor and D, I can't thank them enough for taking the time to guide me through and actually do my first lead as well! It was also an easy social scene and there was time to explore the beautiful area around Railay and Ao Nang. All "Helen R.
19th January 2015
Sardinia 03rd Oct - 10th OctClimb some of the worlds greatest, in the best hand picked locations with a selection of the world's most experienced guides.
Up to 6 days instruction and climbing coaching | 7 nights shared accommodation (Rooms 2:1 max) | Airport transfers | All transport to crags.
per personMore Info