I've just returned from a truly memorable trip with Trevor and Dees in Thailand and just wanted to say that if you're thinking of booking this trip, stop thinking and just book it. It's hard to know where to begin - you probably have heard enough about Thailand to know it's a stunning beautiful p...Read more
- Kit List
- Our customers say
Sardinia, with its magnificent rocky interior and coastline, is the second largest island in the Mediterranean. Recent years have seen many fine crags develop across the island, with countless single and multi-pitch sport and traditional routes. We base our holidays in the beautiful Cala Gonone area to match the climbing.
Rock Climbing in Sardinia
Cala Gonone is still not that well discovered and most of the time you can find yourself on a very quiet crag - and within sight of fantastic Mediterranean views. There's also a canyon that offers a great playground for the more experienced climber seeking a new challenge. Climbs are easily accessible here and you never seem to be walking more than 5-10 minutes to find the start of the crag.
There is also the opportunity to take a boat to another climbing location a few kilometers along the coast that is well worth visiting. Simply ask one of the Rock & Sun team for more information on how to organise this experience.
Local people provide a welcome atmosphere, and there's some excellent Italian cuisine to enjoy.
Look below for upcoming holidays and courses in Sardinia.
Weather & Climate in Sardinia
The best time to go rock climbing in Sardinia is in April, May, September and October - when it is sunny and not too hot. There are also fewer tourists in the region during these months.
Accommodation in Sardinia
We offer some well-equipped bungalows, conveniently located for the crags and within walking distance of Cala Gonone village with its small harbour and gorgeous beaches. Each bungalow can sleep a maximum of 4 people, and offers:
- Kitchen area with full cooking facilities
- Bedroom area
- Private porch to relax with a glass of wine at the end of a day's climbing
Rock Climbing Travel Insurance
If booking online with less than 2 weeks before the holiday dates, then please speak to a member of the team first to check flight details. Many thanks the Rock and Sun team.
Our customers say
- "Altogether the best fun I have had climbing in years. The skills and approach to instruction and customer safety are exemplary. I have found myself recommending Rock & Sun whenever the opportunity arises! The best of luck to Trevor and Desiree in their ne"Adrian B.
1st March 2015
- "I've not long returned from three weeks in Thailand. I'm quite well travelled globally on the climbing circuit and never been on a 'climbing holiday' such as that offered by Rock and Sun. All the fun and adventure with none of the faff and hassle. 3 weeks"Sol F.
19th February 2015
- "I learned so much from Trevor and D, I can't thank them enough for taking the time to guide me through and actually do my first lead as well! It was also an easy social scene and there was time to explore the beautiful area around Railay and Ao Nang. All "Helen R.
19th January 2015
- "This was my first holiday with Rock and Sun and it couldn't have gone better really. From quick responses when making booking enquiries to Nigel and Fran making sure I settled in at the accommodation. The instructor Henry was enthusiastic and listened to "S. Freeman
21st November 2014
- "The BEST holiday ever. Awesome and excellent holiday. Can not fault it at all, FANTASTIC!!!! :) (Morocco)"R. Bateman
3rd November 2014
- "Trevor did an amazing job as our guide for the week. He was friendly, professional, and made the climbing experience great for us. As a result of our experience with Trevor, we are planning on signing up for the climbing holiday in Thailand in 2015. Thank"A. Molskness
29th October 2014
- "A big thank you to Trevor for 3 days excellent coaching and trad climbing instruction; a great confidence builder for us both. (Private guiding)"D. Halliwell
24th October 2014
- "Just would like to say thankyou to Trevor and Desiree. Had fantastic coaching. Trevor's attention to safety is second to none. Great crowd, great week!!"H. Bansi
23rd October 2014
- "Best holiday ever. Trevor and Desiree were brilliant. Everything was perfect. The quality of coaching was excellent and the level it was pitched at as was just right for me. The accommodation was clean and comfortable. The organisation for travel and shop"L. Cockle
20th October 2014
- "Andy was an excellent instructor who instilled confidence from the off. I achieved way more than I thought possible through his gentle persuasion and confident guidance. A really brilliant weekend."V. Stanley
20th October 2014
Sardinia 03rd Oct - 10th OctClimb some of the worlds greatest, in the best hand picked locations with a selection of the world's most experienced guides.
Up to 6 days instruction and climbing coaching | 7 nights shared accommodation (Rooms 2:1 max) | Airport transfers | All transport to crags.
per personMore Info